International Smile Power is an entirely volunteer operated organization.
You don't have to be a dentist to volunteer with International Smile Power!
Here are some additional ways to get involved with International Smile Power:
- COLLECT TOOTHBRUSHES - We leave them EVERYWHERE we go!
- Facilitate a promotion with a retail store - they love it because they get to help others and increase sales on toothbrushes.
- Facilitate a collection at your school, office, church, or other organization.
- FUND RAISE to clubs, schools, churches or organizations to build a clinic in a village in need.
- GIVE INTRODUCTIONS: share ISP’s mission with friends, family, office or local dentists. Invite them to travel
internationally, work with local dental outreaches, and donate dental
supplies including toothbrushes and clinic space for our local homeless
outreach program. All info, videos and photos are provided.
- REPRESENT ISP: at conventions, volunteer expos, fairs, and local markets; set-up/take-down booths and talk to potential volunteers.
- UPDATE VOLUNTEER WEBSITES - about once a month from your own home, update our sties with the new volunteer needs a board member sends you - Idealist.org, MicrosoftVolunteerManager, United Way of King County, VolunteerGlobal, VolunteerMatch, Blogger.com, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- MARKETING/PUBLIC RELATIONS: Write and format newsletters (content provided) and press releases. Produce videos and other audio-visual tools to document, present, and promote Smile Power activities; setup and man information booths at trade shows, community events and fun-raisers. Follow-up on inquiries with information and ideas n order to build and link together community-wide support groups. Maintain ongoing support and communication with representatives of the media, public institutions, businesses and communities locally and internationally. Web-site management. Support fund-raising events. Develop new products and promotional ideas. Volunteer for any or all!
- PUBLICITY: help design and create text, photos and layout for regular newsletters, brochures, press releases, web-site management and updates. Print & distribute publicity and information materials. Setup & coordinate public appearances and presentations, TV and radio interviews. Work with marketing and PR people to coordinate events. Be a smiling spokesperson.
- GRANT WRITING: write proposals to obtain funds fror foundations and government agencies.
- EQUIPMENT: receive, sort, catalog, package and store donations. Coordinate shipping, distribution and donations of equipment to work sites and other organizations. Procure donations of new and used equipment needed for service. Coordinate upgrades, maintenance, repairs and installation of equipment. Develop database for tracking, listing, and locating supplies. Maintain and organize storage facilities and redistribute extra supplies to the appropriate agencies and organizations.
- DATABASE ADMINISTRATION: work with committee heads and officers to program, develop, and maintain data bases for accounting, equipment, volunteers, donors, contact lists, event organization, and website development. Establish computer networks, internet linkage and communication networks.
- VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR: Create and organize volunteer procurement events, signups, follow-up communication, placement, training sessions, and thank you parties. Maintain and upgrade database. Develop email and/or phone-tree system. Provide volunteer assistants to support Smile Power activities.
- HELP RECRUIT and COORDINATE volunteers for our Seattle area Tent City outreaches.
- KLAHANIE BLVD CLEAN-UP - recruit and facilitate volunteers twice a year to keep this Issaquah, WA road clean of litter.
- APPLY TO BECOME A BOARD MEMBER
If you would like to volunteer with International Smile Power, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org